Mobile Library Task Force
- Monthly beginning January 2021
- View meeting agendas
- Alison Ottesen - West Fargo Educational Foundation Representative
- Cailin Shovkoplyas - West Fargo Public School District Resident Representative
- Jodie Haring - West Fargo Public Library Board of Directors Representative
- Paula Krogen - West Fargo Public Schools Representative
- Stephanie Shea - Friends of the West Fargo Public Library Representative
- The Mobile Task Force is no longer accepting applications for task force members.
The Mobile Library Task Force will work to advance literacy in West Fargo by:
- Devising a mobile library service route throughout the West Fargo Public School District;
- Planning service to low-income and underserved children and families;
- Raising funds and building partnerships that improve mobile library services; and
- Advocating for library programs and services in the community.
A critical component of the Mobile Library Task Force will be to help plan the Little Red Reading Bus’s mobile library service for summer 2021. The Little Red Reading Bus is West Fargo’s bookmobile that brings the library directly to children in the community.
Community needs fulfilled by the Little Red Reading Bus include:
- Providing books for low-income families;
- Decreasing summer reading achievement loss;
- Providing children access to books;
- Providing children choice of books;
- Communicating the value of reading to our community;
- Increasing our students’ reading achievement; and
- Providing a fun summer recreational activity for children.
There are five volunteer positions on the Mobile Library Task Force, with one position open to a resident who resides within the boundaries of the West Fargo Public School District, and others representing the West Fargo Public Library board of directors, Friends of the West Fargo Public Library, West Fargo Public Schools, and West Fargo Educational Foundation.
The West Fargo Public Library board of directors appoints each member who will serve a one-year term.