The Finance department provides financial support services to the entire City government, including:
- Manages and processes all accounting transactions for all city funds, such as processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billing, and overall risk management.
- Manages the collection of revenues and investment of funds.
- Assists in the issuance of bonds and other indebtedness of the city.
- Prepares periodic and annual financial and budget reports.
- Coordinates the City's budget compilation and development.
- Manages the administration of special assessments.
- Delivers reliable management information to the departments.
- Assists the public by responding to inquiries and requests.
- Administer City's casualty and liability insurance coverage
- Manage budgets
- Manage city's investments
- Oversees maintenance of special assessments, business licensing and permits, utility billing, elections, and records management
- Prepares City's financial report, payroll and personnel reports
View the City of West Fargo's annual audits