A master plan is an invaluable tool to ensure investments to our community are systematic, justifiable and prioritized. The objective of this plan is to provide a prioritized list of projects to address defects in our aging infrastructure and ensure it will meet the City of West Fargo’s long-term goals and needs.
The final document allows the City of West Fargo to pursue methods of funding that don’t exclusively rely on special assessments by providing a well-thought, thorough statement of need and demonstrating unfunded infrastructure costs.
The final plan includes:
- Water, sewer, and storm infrastructure inventory and condition entered into an asset management system.
- Water distribution system modeling to determine existing and future need:
- Calibrate existing model.
- Identify system inadequacies.
- Identify improvement alternatives for existing and future conditions.
- Storm sewer system modeling to address storage need and minimize localized flooding:
- Sheyenne River model.
- Downtown redevelopment model.
- Evaluate and prioritize Infrastructure Improvements:
- Develop ranking system and matrix.
- Develop improvement corridors.
- Cost estimates
- Financing options
- Final report
In summary, this plan is a valuable tool for the city to understand the magnitude of the improvements needed and establish a prioritized budget and schedule. This process will allow the city to schedule projects, reduce costs, plan for the future, provide transparency and respond to the needs of residents.