Liquor Control Board
- 1 p.m. second Tuesday of every month
- Commission Chambers, West Fargo City Hall
- Additional meetings may be held each month
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and minutes are available upon request.
About the Liquor Control Board
There is hereby established a five (5) member Liquor Control Board comprised of the City Administrator, Chief of Police, Code Enforcement Official, and two (2) City Commission members appointed by the City Commission. The Liquor Control Board shall be vested with the authority and jurisdiction to review, approve, or deny applications for liquor licenses as provided in this chapter. The Liquor Control Board shall also be vested with the authority to impose fines for liquor license violations and to revoke or suspend any liquor licenses. The City Commission may also appoint up to two (2) non-voting advisors to the Liquor Control Board, who must be residents of the City.
Any decision by the Liquor Control Board may be appealed to the City Commission by filing a Notice of Appeal with the Liquor Control Board within fourteen (14) days of its decision. The Notice of Appeal must state the factual and legal basis for an appeal of the Liquor Control Board’s decision. (City of West Fargo Ordinance 10-0103)
Participating in the Liquor Control Board Meeting
To receive a Liquor Control Board hearing, please fill out one the City’s liquor license application found on the Finance page. If you have a concern related to the Liquor Control Board that doesn’t require a liquor license application, please use the Liquor Control Board contact form.
License applications and agenda items for an upcoming Liquor Control Board must be submitted by noon on the Day before the Day of the meeting. If you have any additional questions about the form process, please contact the License Specialist at 701-433-5304 or the Finance Director at 701-433-5302.
- Chapter 10-01: Alcoholic Beverages Ordinances
- Liquor License Pre-Approval Application (Form A)
- Liquor License Post-Approval Review (Form B)
- Liquor License Renewal (Form C)
- Liquor License Control Board - Extend Outdoor Area for Event (Form D)
- Liquor License Control Board - Change Status from Retail Bar to Restaurant Bar (Form E)
- Alcohol Special Event Form (PDF)